Monday, August 03, 2009

Speaking More of Music...

...and Death.

I just got word that one of my favorite uncles passed away this morning. He and my Dad are only a couple of years apart. As I morn I'm listening to the Wilco radio on Pandora. A bunch of really good songs are playing that I haven't heard forever. Remember the Lemonheads, Dire Straits, Pixies...

A few years ago I was hunting with my uncle and dad. My uncle spotted a dear, turned to shot but my dad was blocking his shot, so he yells "duck!". He totally took the shot. There are so many stories, buckets and buckets, of similar situations. Wayne has gone on to be with his beloved wife. She died in a horrible car crash 6 years ago.
The car caught on fire. My uncle had to watch.
I'm really going to miss him.


6 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

poor bevan - if you see him tell him I'm thinking of him here in Idaho

heat said...

The funeral is Thursday. I'll relay the message. Thanks Ashlynn.

angerine said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. Was he ill?
Condolences to your family and his.

sarah said...

hey heat, your uncle used to be my neighbor and he was awesome. i remember hearing about the car crash. my dad helped treat some of his burn wounds from trying to get his wife out of the car. he was pretty shaken up about it all (and that says a lot because he's usually such a smooth sailor.) i am sorry to hear of his passing. great guy. great family. hope you and your fam are okay...

heat said...

He was very ill. For the past couple of years he has been in and out of the hospital with strokes, a heart attack, pneumonia, dementia...
He's never been the same since the tragic death of his wife. His poor aching heart.
Thanks everyone.

angerine said...

Heather, this past week i've heard so many people talking about what a neat guy your uncle was and how sad they were about his passing. sounds like he was really loved by a lot of people.