Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Geranimo!!!!!!!!

My nephew went to Havasupai for scout camp last week. He just graduated from HS, he is really tall, and good sense of humor, and played receiver for the football team. I thought I knew him. I did not think he would ever be someone who would jump off the top of Havasu Falls. 110 ft. waterfall that is covered with signs at the top saying don't jump or you get fined $500. But he did! He said he just wanted to look over the edge. But after he did that he pondered to himself about how that would be to jump off the top. Then he said out loud to his buddies "I'm going to jump" they thought he was kidding until he started making his way to the edge again. There are lots of littel pools of water at the top so it was kind of tricky footing. When he was almost to the edge ond of the mossy rocks did crumblu under his foot and he said "that kinda scared me". Then he got to the edge and saw that everyone was cleaing out of the pool pretty fast. It looked clear so he jumped. At the last moment his fingertips came out a little bit and the force of the hit bent his wrist back really hard. When he came up he was yelling Yah and a wave hit in the mouth and he started choking and everyone thought that something had happened. But no he is fine but his wrist area little sensetive. Some stranger got it on video and sais he would email him the clip. I will post it when I get it. Oh yeah he didn't get fined.

4 comments:

angerine said...

what a crazy sonnofabitch... I definitely want to see the video of that when you get it.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsKz_yLWZw

sra. pistola said...

As I was looking for my nephew I found that clip posted by the mysterious Anonymous. But that is not my nephew. My nephew jumped from the top. His friend jumped after him I think on the same spot as this guy that sprained both knees.

sra. pistola said...

Here is the link. When I heard the story I didn't realize that he was actualy in the waterfall. I thought he jumped from the side of it. Could have lost his footing very easily.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Mvgaf7GlIQs