Thursday, September 06, 2007

Danika is a lucky girl

In case you don't know, I am a person that keeps completely random stuff in my "scrapbook." When you read "scrapbook," don't think cute, artsy pages with stickers, ribbons and adorable lettering captioning photographs of fond memories. Think of 3-ring binders stuffed with old letters, notes, concert tickets, and boarding passes. I have an entire binder that is nothing but notes I passed in middle school and high school. Another binder is all mission letters, interspersed with the occassional wrapper from some Italian toilet paper (brand name: soffass) or a chunk of a license plate I found on the ground in Sicily.


So, the other night I was browsing through one of my binders full of letters & notes, laughing my ass off at how witty and clever my friends were (and probably still are), but also realizing what a total jack-ass I have always been (and still am). I'll probably eventually get my Masters degree in Jackassery.


Anyway, I came across this treasure from DHS circa 1993-ish:

Do you guys remember this? The reason I kept this lovely bit of history is unknown, but it probably had something to do with my love for ch-ch-ch-Chia. Let's all just have a moment of silence in respect for the radness of Matt Gunn.

12 comments:

Erica Onelove said...

We went to a James concert in Vegas but I don't remember when. I just remember some weirdo yelling things about war.

Erica Onelove said...

Oh! I just read the small print. This has to be the one we went to cuz Jared & Nate proclaimed to "own" this band & didn't want us girls to go.

jared stanley said...

haha awesome, i think i have some of those in a box at my moms.

so how do you guys know that nate & i haven't just improved our methods of concert secrecy? there could be a james concert on right now that you don't know about!!! did you ever think of that?!!?! if not, then you'd better think about it!!!

Anonymous said...

I have heard the story but never seen the proof:) There are lots of reasons why being married to Chia makes me a lucky girl. I really did get lucky. Quizas I will make the next post dedicated to the chista.

Wellz said...

This flyer brought back some good memories. Heat and I were just talking about this show, particularly the moment Jared jumped up on stage and how mad it made him that half the audience were yelling his name. St. George was well represented at this show probably all thanks to this beautiful flyer.

Anonymous said...

ben searle and his wife were over here tonight and we were watching some old DHS news video announcements and talking about the good old days. it was so transparent in all the video clips that we (ben and i) were just trying to make ourselves look cool. if we ever had any chance of getting in with the more popular crowd we would have been all over it. i'm sure that the main reason that i made that james flyer was to make myself look cool.
jared was so sweet cause ever since i first met him in middle school he really didn't care what other people thought about him and he was cool to everyone and genuinely friends with kids that i pretended to be, but deep down i thought i was better than them.
when i made that flyer he and i didn't have much of a history together and didn't have a whole lot in common. (he was into music & skiing and i was into jeeps, hiking and biking) if i'd had any idea of what a sweet friend he'd become, i'd have gone about that situation a whole different way.

Erica Onelove said...

Nice comment Chia. I agree that Jared rocks & always has!
Those were the good old days!

heat said...

Matt is so humble.

LoGunns said...

Now when I hear humble I think of Wilber:)

heat said...

He's also 'radiant' and 'some pig'.

angerine said...

sorry Chia--didn't know you had guilt over this or I would have left it hidden in the annals of history. I just thought it was funny & awesome. The hazaard of scrapbooking is that pretty soon you realize, like I did, that you're an ass. (not saying that Chia is) Heaven knows I wouldn't want someone bringing up all the stuff I've done that I'm embarrassed of.

LoGunns said...

I think Matt would compare himself more to a pig than an "A". hee hee.