Tuesday, September 18, 2007

wanna live 1,000 years?

I read this article today about curing the "disease" of aging.

“The first person to live to be 1,000 years old is certainly alive today …whether they realize it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries.”

So then I found this website which forecasts how long you will live based on your responses to a few questions. According to this, I'll live to be 108. But if I turn on the "superlongevity factors" which account for all the technologies they expect to come out, I'll live to be 224. Sheesh. At that rate, I won't be in my childbearing years until I'm 60. Sweet, that means right now I'm, like, a teenager. Does that mean my car insurance is going up?

11 comments:

k8theriver said...

i can't wait to meet your down-syndrome children. or will they have that figured out by the time you're 60?

LoGunns said...

I will be 99 without super powers and 149 with some of them. I think I would rather make it to 99. I wrote a little comment yesterday and I don't know why it didn't post. I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a private family blog and if you would like to see it I need your address to send you an invite.

k8theriver said...

seriously, check out their blog. way sweet post about chia by danika.

heat said...

When I was 8-ish I made a goal to live to be 100 years old. A few years ago I met a woman who was 98 years old and what she said made me re-asses my goal. Although she had a lot of very positive suggestions on longevity, she said one negative thing that stuck with me. She has out lived all her close friends, all of her kids, some grandkids, and has buried four husbands.
But...this is great news. Now I won't be lonely and may even be the first to die.

angerine said...

Heather, I made a goal when I was little too. I decided to live to 103, based purely on a song sung by Jiminy Cricket, saying he was going to live to be 103.
Danika, invite me! i wanna read about the LoGunns. awillia4@amfam.com.

Erica Onelove said...

Danika, invite me too.
ericanjensen@yahoo.com

LoGunns said...

I'm no fool, no siree, I'm gonna live to be 103! You play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool!

Jimminy Cricket

heat said...

I'm sure that's where the idea came from.

LoGunns said...

I didn't write that last comment where the jimmeney cricket song was quoted. That's weird.

LoGunns said...

i have all your information- credit cards, ss#, bank account#, favorite foods, first kiss, kids names, the list goes on. i'm obsessed. i can't help it, you're just so hot!

LoGunns said...

OH hi Matt:)I didn't know you could check blogs at school.