Friday, November 30, 2007

confused drivers


Oops, i missed yesterday. too busy partying and celebrating my exciting birthday, I guess. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. 32 kicks ass. So much cooler than 31.
I'm sure I've complained on this blog in the past about St. Louis drivers but seriously-they're unbelievable. They can't be trusted. They're SO SLOOOWWWW, can NOT merge to save their lives, are clueless about what solid and double solid lines mean, and don't even THINK about asking them to use their blinker. Blinkers are for people who are actually thinking about where they want to end up--St. Louisans are just making it up as they go along.
For the rest of my life, where ever I go, I'll always rate drivers on a scale of how they compare St. Louis. If for instance Missouri drivers are a 1 and Danika Patrick is a 10, then I'm a 9.5 (just kidding--but I'm at least an 8).
So anyway, i've had frequent conversations about why it is that everyone is such a terrible driver and--SHOCKER!!--drivers ed is not required here. as long as you can pass the driving test, the license is yours.

3 comments:

LoGunns said...

How could those sign possible make sense? I never had to take a drivers Ed class either. I'm a bad driver too. Matt doesn't like me to drive. Danika and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Erica Onelove said...

I too am a bad driver. I learned from my dad. I follow to close & drive to fast. My dad made me learn stick shift on the boulevard....mean.

I have only been in one accident though & that was when Heather was with me in my cabriolet. Remember I rear-ended that guys truck & it didn't do anything to my tank?
Awesome!!

angerine said...

i've been in two accidents--one i was the passenger when Katie rear ended a COP on the freeway during a blizzard and one last year when a school bus backed over me while i was mid-turn in the middle of an intersection. bizarre!