Friday, November 16, 2007

Pretty Patisseries

Here's the street side window of the pastry shop near our apartment. Amazingly, these taste even better than they look. Maybe the picture doesn't show it, but each one of these are meticulously and carefully put together to look perfect. When you buy them, they wrap each one like a present and tie it off with a bow. One thing I love about Poitiers, and France for that matter, is all the specialty shops. Next door is the baker, the fishmonger, the butcher, and the shoemaker; each with their own special little shops.

6 comments:

LoGunns said...

I wish all my pastries came in a box with a bow. Maybe that is how I will serve the next little treat to my family:)

Erica Onelove said...

This is why I want to come visit. I don't like cake or pies much but I absolutely LOVE pastries.

My mother-in-law went there on vacation & she said the food was fantastic & the desserts were even better!!

heat said...

Erica, it's very true. The food is fantastic. I don't really like pie or MOIST (that's for you danika) cake either. The croissants are so good. If you don't make it out this time we'll have to plan a time to come out together.

Erica Onelove said...

I don't know why Danika hates that word. I like it a lot! (I still like drippy though)

Croissants are on my favorite food list so I'd be in heaven!

I'll take you up on that offer Heather!! I would love to go...my mom wants to go too.

sra. pistola said...

It's all in the "OI" sound. Moist, ointment. It gross. Oink.

Wellz said...

In French the "oi" makes an "ah" sound. You could just pretend to have a French accent.

Heather