Thursday, August 21, 2008

No privacy

I've been here in LaPoint at Kb's mom's house now for over 2 months & I'm having issues. We are only staying here to save money for a house & it's nice of them to let us invade but I seriously cannot get away from his mom.

She never leaves besides going to the temple every Friday for a few hours. If I want to be alone, I go in our room & what do you know......2 seconds later she is coming in. Sometimes she doesn't even knock. She has come in while I'm changing. It's like, if I leave her sight she has to come see what I'm doing.

Not only that, she tries to be mom to my kids. She tries to do everything that I CAN DO. She wants to iron the kids clothes for church, feed them, put them to bed, etc. I can't stand it. Sometimes I laugh & say, "I'm their mother & I can do it." Or, "I did it in my own home so why should it be different here?"

But, I say it totally joking because I can't hurt peoples feelings. What am I supposed to say to her to leave me alone! I don't want to be mean but I'm suffocating....seriously. This is hell.

7 comments:

heat said...

Could KB talk to her for you? if not, buy a big fat lock for your room. She should get the hint ;)

k8theriver said...

send her to my house. i would love to pawn off meal times and bed time responsibilities. ironing would be nice too. that's one of my favorite things about visiting home.
but i guess it could be annoying if it is your ma-in-law, depending on her attitude about it.

Erica Onelove said...

No, that's just it. She's to freaking nice! It bugs me!!!!

angerine said...

I feel your pain, my MIL just left town and 5 days were PLENTY. I can't even imagine 2 months.

I agree with Heather, see if you can talk KB into saying something. Or what about just saying something like, "I'm not used to having so much help. I've been independent for so long that I feel useless if I'm not doing everything myself." something along those lines? Do you think she would understand where you're coming from if you told her it's hard for you to not be in your own space, running the show?

Erica Onelove said...

Yeah, I'll try talking to her but she has babied every one of her 7 kids so it's hard for her not to help.

It really is annoying. I'll come out of my bedroom & she comes running out of her room to see what she needs to do.

I just need space with no people around sometimes even if they mean well.

I like to get my naked on:)


JOKING.

Although, I do in bed. Speaking of, his brother is here now & he just walks in last night at 11:00 PM while I'm reading in bed. I had the covers on but still.......this is one severely open & tight knit family. No space required.

Arghhhh.

k8theriver said...

heat, how was the music festival?

heat said...

Katie-
The day before we were going to leave Wellz got a job.