Sunday, May 24, 2009

I went skimming yesterday!!!!




So remember Chris Hanks? He taught me to skim on the Virgin River and we had a ton of fun. Well, we're here in Maui with friends and we saw some kids out skimming on the beach. I got brave and asked if I could borrow a board and they turned me down so the next day we bought one. Well, for the first half hour I was asking myself and Danny, "Why didn't we just rent?" It was soooo hard. Anyway, after awhile we figured things out and had so much fun. If fact we couldn't end until we got hurt and had to go care our our wounds.
That night I thought about this blog cuz I learned to skim in the Virgin River (blog name rang a bell) and cuz this is the type of thing I think of you girls doing all the time. You probably don't but I feel like you do. So I feel like I have something to finally say on the blog that is Agro Schmagro. I don' t know who all of you are but if you're friends with Katie, you must be pretty cool.

By the way, about St. George, I'll have Danny drop me off Friday and then what's t he Wells B B Que all about? Are we all going? Who can't be to that? If we could all be together that day, it would be cool. Like I said, I have to teach a performing arts class Tuesday morning and my kids start swimming lessons Monday morning so the weekend would be way better for me and then Katie wouldn't have to come back. Thoughts?

4 comments:

heat said...

Cool. Wendy, it's nice to see you.

angerine said...

Fun! Tye and I bought a skimboard when we first got to St. Louis because there were 4 lakes and 2 rivers within 10 min of our house. We took it to the river one day and neither of us could figure it out. So it's been sitting in the closet for the past 5 years. When you come to St. George you'll have to teach us.

re: St. George are you talking Fri 19th or Fri 12th? the Wells BBQ is Thursday, 11th.

angerine said...

Oh, and what happened with your new home? Did you close on it?

k8theriver said...

wow. i am completely stunned. and very pleased. i never imagined the day would come that you would post.
do you really think we all live agro lives? i'm thinking your life looks pretty extravagant. you go on so many vacations. lucky!