Tuesday, February 13, 2007

support group needed

sorry i haven't participated much. i'm prego and so LAZY. number 3. 3 kids under 4 (only for 2 months). 3 kids at home. chloe misses the deadline and has to wait another year for kindergarten. i'm hoping this is my last pregnancy. i hate being pregnant. such a drag. if i have another girl i really want to stop. and if i have a boy then we'll be satisfied. and when we feel like having a larger family, we'll adopt. i just want to get these childbearing years over with.
but about this support group. its not for frazzled mothers. its for puppy owners. dan really wants to get rid of our dog. he regretted it about a week after we got the dog when we had to take him to st. g. with us. now, every little thing the dog does, "we've got to get rid of that dog." he's a really goodlooking dog and i know he'll be a well behaved dog, eventually. we just don't have time to work with him. my kids do not pick up after themselves so the dog is always finding something to chew on. i can't take him for walks because i can't control him and the stroller. he needs more attention. he sheds like crazy. i bathed him then brushed him for a half hour and the fur never stopped coming. i had the blowdryer out to blow away the hair. the yard was covered. i had to stop because my back hurt. i thought i would just vacuum more but the main living area in our house has wood floors. there are always hair balls floating around. i guess we thought that since he was housebroken that he would be more trained. he can sit and shake and he won't put something in his mouth if you tell him no. but i can't watch him constantly. i don't want to be a quitter. i don't want to have failed with a 4th (or is it 5th?) dog. i'm too prideful. but dan is done. so, do any of you want to take him--just until he's out of the puppy phase? we'd really appreciate it.


good for pulling a sled. bad for taking on walks.

back to the pregnancy thing. here are the most faq:

  • due date: aug. 13th but i've gone a week late 2/2 times.
  • will we find out the gender? i don't know. i'm afraid of how i'll feel for the remaining 5 months of my pregnancy if i know its going to be another girl.
  • how far apart are your kids? chloe and stella are 2 yrs, 7 mos. stella and #3 will be 2 yrs, 3 mos.
  • how do i feel? gassy, bloated, tired, sometimes nauseous. but each pregnancy has gotten easier. that's when people reply, "maybe its a boy" but i'm not getting my hopes up.

7 comments:

angerine said...

hey congrats kate on #3. thought you and lacey might be interested in checking out www.expectedmaternity.com
they have a store in SLC and have cute stuff. expensive, but maybe Dan will increase your allowance now that you're dressing for two...??
also www.chiarakruza.com cute stuff and marks the sale items way down.

Ang said...

Hi Katie. Kyle and I just got a puppy too. I can't imagine having a kid. This is enough work! Our puppy is a Boxer. Kyle delivered her back in Houston at 1:00 am one night and was instantly attached. He ripped open sacks, cut cords, the works. Our neighbors there had 2 boxers - 1 girl - 1 boy and were OH SO suprised when the girl got pregnant! Then they were too queezy to deliver the puppies and momma dog was too confused. Our puppy is cute, but she is kindof a pansy in the cold which somewhat defies the purpose of having a dog for me if she is going to freeze all winter. She's only 3 months old and has learned to sit, loves to chase my cat, and knows that when we go outside it is time to pee, but hasn't picked up on the idea that inside means no peeing. I would say we could take your dog, but I'm not sure we could handle 2 - and we are in Denver. Give him to Dalls and Amy and let Toby train him. They are used to the shedding and chewing, and sometimes an older dog is all a puppy needs to figure things out. You've probaby already thought of that option though. Your dog looks like a great, happy dog. I bet he will be a really good dog with some patience and work, so I think Dan should buck up. Or if he really insists on getting rid of this one, I'm with Sarah - he just isn't a dog guy and it may be time for him to admit it.

heat said...

Katie, congrats. That's really awesome. I always thought you'd have boys only. It surprises me every time I hear you had a girl.
Puppies do take tons of time. Do you use a crate? We crate trained our puppy and it made a huge difference. I can't imagine raising a baby and a puppy at the same time. If you are serious we could take your dog for a while. I hope you keep the dog though. You and Chloe (and the puppy) look so happy in those pictures.

k8theriver said...

we aren't crate training. he's house trained. in fact, he goes in the same spot (on the side of the house) every time so there isn't crap all over the yard. we do tie him up on a 3-4 ft leash in the house just so he won't chew everything. not always, just when i don't want to watch him closely or if the house is a mess.
dan is making it really hard to keep him. he keeps trying to pay me off. the bribe is up to $200. and he is also boycotting the dog. if i want to keep him all expenses have to come out of my personal allowance. plus, dan is constantly complaining about the dog. he did admitt that he isn't a dog person. so...i think i can handle the dog but i don't know if i can handle dan.
heather and ang thanks for wanting to help. actually, heather, we do need a dog sitter for about a week in march. will you be around? we'll pay you.

k8theriver said...

i mean I'LL pay you. and arrange drop-off/pick up

Loose said...

HEY KT! Where you guys going in March and when? I could watch the dog and take it jogging. Teach it how to heel and not pull when out on walks. I love dogs in small doses! I can't stand the fur all over and needing to find babysitters. Chad and I discovered we are not dog people. An update on me is we sold our Midvale home for asking price and we don't have to pay closing costs. There were multiple offers on the place after 3 weeks on the market. :) So we are moving into our spec home in St.G. I interviewed for a great job down there and things were going well until I had to tell about the pregnancy. Now Im not so sure Ill get the job, so Im a little stressed about who is going to hire a pregnant lady. My pregnancy other than fatigue and stress has been a breeze. I think the good lord knew I could handle anymore on my plate at this time. I have been back to the Doctor and all she said was she need to run some more blood test and see if the white blood cells are still high. Haven't heard back yet. I get an ultra sound in 3 weeks to determine sex, so I am excited about that. Thanks Angie for the wedsite info. I am starting to grow out of my pants. A big factor is just my winter weight I always put on. I am excited to move back to St. G where I can be more active. I did the loop twice last weekend and loved it! Not to worry I was cautious. :) Well that about raps it up for me.

sra. pistola said...

Katie- Your dog was really friendly and cute but I am trying to survive our puppy days with Sparky. I'm not a puppy phase person. I'm more of the well trained doesn't bark, doesn't jump, doesn't lick, doesn't poop, doesn't eat, doesn't do anything but protect and entertain kind of dog person. It was fun hanging out with you and Dan and everybody. I wish you lived closer then we could do that more often.
ps. I wasn't checking them out last weekened with everyone else:)