Monday, March 24, 2008

Outta My Way, I Gotsta Get Me a Coupon!

This weekend Tye and I went on an "Adults Only Easter Egg Hunt." It was super fun. It was 10 bucks to enter, and they had some pretty good prizes like an all-inclusive vacation to Cancun, restaurant certificates, etc. It was held in a HUGE park that covers over 2 square miles and they dropped 10,000 eggs and handed out maps. There was also a live band and barbeque from a local restaurant.

Anyway, the hunt was hysterical! Imagine 3,000 adults dressed in bunny ears and carrying Easter baskets, crushed against the starting line and counting down, " 3….2….1….GO!" and then they all start running like mad!
Then, seriously like 30 yards later before they had even gotten to where the eggs were, everyone is doubled over, hands on knees, gasping for breath, almost to collapse. That's the advantage of racing against fat midwesterners. You can beat them if you can run more than 100 ft. It was absolutely hilarious!! Tye and I were dying laughing. I wanted to stop and film all these crazed grown-ups running wildly, pushing & shoving to be the first to collect some plastic egss, but we had a PLAN of ATTACK so there was no time for dilly dally (Mostly our plan of attack just consisted of wearing headlamps and Tye shouting “Reconnoiter 15!!” at random intervals).

Little did we know our plan was child’s play compared with other people. This guy next to us had a 3-stage strike planned, with accomplices planted all over the park. They had walkie talkies and were saying into them (totally deadpan) “meet at juncture 4 at 21 hundred hours”. Everyone was taking it so seriously. Including us. Later we found out some of the "prizes" were just samples of Pantene or Tide like you sometimes get in the mail, or coupons for an oil change. All we won was a free car wash (dangit) but where ever Tye and I end up living, I am FO SHO going to organize an event like this but with better prizes. Be there!

note to Mindi: My blog is not so much super-secret, but I NEVER post anything on it so it seems boring. But having it private makes me seem MYSTERIOUS and ALLURING rather than boring, so I go that route. Someday soon I'll unlock it and start posting about compelling and fascinating topics but till then you are welcome to comment here. The Spendlove Fam also has a blog that is usually pretty boring too, but you can check it out if you want.

7 comments:

LoGunns said...

If you organize it they will come. I'll come.

heat said...

That sounds way more fun than the Easter Egg hunt I attended. I will definitely be there when you plan the coolest egg hunt on earth.

Mindi said...

thanks, alluring and mysterious one....i will be skulking around this blog, then, to check your action out.
btw i would be ALL OVER an adult easter egg hunt--did anyone do a "gut-face-groin" move? just wondering.

Erica Onelove said...

I love adult easter egg hunts. My mom & dad always do money hunts for the kids.

I always get jacked though cuz there I'm almost always the one & only representing my family. All the others have husbands & wives to load up on the eggs!!

This year I got $40. I think that is my all time record. The winning family (Meg & Allen) got around $200. Lucky suckers.

sarah said...

holy cow. i am jealous. so, so jealous. i would totally love to hunt at your adult only party. i'll donate, make flyers, whatever to make it all happen. not sure if mike will participate though-- our kids got the easter egg shaft because mike thought easter bunny baskets on sunday was peagan, so we didn't do it. oh the woe. so i took the kids to a hunt on saturday it was pretty cool. lincoln got way into it (he's 2) and dove for an egg, tripped, and started rolling down the big hill screaming, "my egg! my egg!" not as funny as midwesterners pooped out after a block, but fun.

Sea Plus said...

Wooh! Angie! WooH!

THat's all i got. i'm just so happy to be reunited. (And it feels so good!)

k8theriver said...

sounds fun. when you get it all planned out let us know so we can implement it in our respective hometowns. or we could all get together for Easter in angies town.