Saturday, March 15, 2008

*Rampage alert*

So this is my rampage......maybe.

The kids have been out all week for spring break but earlier this week when I was doing wash, I noticed that a couple pair of Ethan's jeans were wet. I smelled them & yup....it's pee. I asked him why he would pee his pants since he's almost 10. (He has always had a problem with this but I thought he had overcome it)

He told me that his teacher wouldn't let him go to the bathroom at school. His teacher is a beast. She's really old & mean but she's always been kind to me & Ethan so I let it slide. I have a serious problem with this because I had the same problem when I was little. We must have really small bladders or something because I peed my pants a lot!

It especially hits home because once when i was in 3rd grade (just as Ethan is) I asked to go to the bathroom at lunch time. The teacher said no & I ended up peeing my pants & sitting in my pee pants the rest of the day. All the kids were making fun of me & telling me that I stunk. I lied & said that I spilled milk on myself at lunch.

Question: How should I handle this. I'm so mad that I feel like I would come across really rude & then it would ruin our relationship. What should I say to her? It's not like this has happened once. Ethan said he has peed his pants a few times because she would not let him go.

5 comments:

LoGunns said...

Does the teacher know he has peed his pants? If she has and she stil doesn't let him go to the bathroom, then I say the light is gree for rampaging.

heat said...

Is he afraid to ask or is his teacher really that witchy? If the teacher knew what was going on she would have to be considerate, right?
I hope you work it out.

angerine said...

awww, poor Ethan. 3rd grade was a really traumatizing year for me because of a mean teacher and cruel kids. If you're calmed down now I'd call or email the teacher and let her know the sitch. Hopefully that way she will be more understanding with Ethan.
Isn't it weird that kids have to ASK PERMISSION to go to the bathroom at school? I find that so strange. Like any other human or animal would just go when nature calls but kids have to ask. When does the asking stop? I think I remember we still had to ask even in middle school. What the hell. Like a teenager can't be trusted to make that decision. Weird.

k8theriver said...

i peed my pants in 3rd grade out at recess. when it was time to go in i lingered until no one was around then i sat in a puddle. of course, i got called up to the blackboard. "no, i didn't pee my pants. i fell in a puddle."

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I am always for the nice route rather than starting out mean. Although I would for sure talk to her about it. She needs to know it is not acceptable.