Thursday, July 30, 2009

{*Mont St. Michel}

I was married 7 years ago. I loved my wedding. Wellz and I planned it ourselves, paid for it ourselves, and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We ate dutch-oven in the mountains with only close friends and family. All the flowers were wild. We hugged first then kissed during the ceremony. We were pretty proud that we were able to pull off a fantastic event.
We made a mix that played while our guests were arriving of all the songs that now signified our relationship. When we started dating my favorite band was Wilco. I was also into Flamming Lips and Beck. Wellz was rediscovering Velvet Underground, Jane's Addition, and a bunch of new stuff like Fiery Furnances. We merged all our music together and spent a lot of time in our cars "talking" and listening to album after album. Music has the power to bring us back to so many great moments in our life.
My nieces sang "our" song at the wedding. It's on the Juno soundtrack so you've probably heard it although it was once obscure - I'm sticking with you by Velvet Underground.
I think Wellz is the single most amazing man I have ever met.

*I don't have any pics from my wedding that are scanned, sorry.

9 comments:

LoGunns said...

So now I know for sure I am not a "close friend" because we never got invited:) Sounds like a beautiful wedding though. I'm glad you guys found eachother. You're the best.

k8theriver said...

hooray for heather.
speaking of music...is your Christmas cd in the making yet? if not, i want to request a kid focused mix. you know, cool songs for adults that are fun for kids to listen to. just a thought.

heat said...

Whatever Danika, you were definitely invited. I think you lived in Colorado?

I failed to mention this was all planned in three weeks. My dad found out we were going to London without being married. So we succumbed to pressure.

Yes K80. That is exactly the plan for this year. Funny, we were just talking about different ideas.

sarah said...

heather, i am envious of your awesome wedding. mine was lame. the temple was awesome, but the reception, which i was coerced into by michael, (i just wanted to take the money offered by my parents and run) was typical utah stuff. you know, chocolate covered strawberries, cheese and bla. i remember thinking the only cool part was the calla lilies. now i think the cool part is that high school musical 2 was filmed at the same place.

angerine said...

7 years! and no itch? Congrats! I agree, Wellz is pretty amazing. He'd have to be to score a girl like you.
I love that music can so quickly and vividly call up a memory that you haven't thought about in ages. I've been working on a St. Louis mix so that in a year or two I can listen and remember stuff I will have forgotten.
Sarah, what? HSM2 was filmed where? Rococco? I guess I need to catch up on my St. George lore...or watch the HSM movies.

angerine said...

hang on, I just noticed that you spent a lot of time in your car "talking." what exactly are those quotation marks implying? you sexy little love monkeys.

heat said...

ha ha. Ang, you are sweet.

I'm trying to get a date for the Subway still. Probably have to go a weekend to find a sitter. Would that be alright? Is anyone else going to be around to join in?

angerine said...

We're totally in for the Subway whenever you can find a date, weekend or weekday. Yay, I'm excited.

sarah said...

subway? i want to come! when are you going... that's worth a special trip down...

oh, and hsm2 was filmed at the golf course where we had our reception. awesome.