Wednesday, October 07, 2009

QUICK! Help!

Dan and I have a Halloween party to go to this weekend. Yeah! I love halloween. I had a really good idea for Dan's costume but there's no way i can get it together in time. So i think he'll just wear last year's since nobody at this party saw him last year.

I thought i would dress white trash to match him (not that original, i know). but everything that i think of as white trash is not something i would want to wear--really short cutoffs with my g-string showing with a sports bra/bikini top (basically, britney spears).

dan suggested i browse People of Wal-Mart to get some inspiration. I really like this one. the arrest ankle bracelet would be a nice touch. I also have a 3wm shirt (though have yet to review it). Smoking while prego is trashy. Tattoos. How do i do my hair?

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

6 comments:

k8theriver said...

a banana clip for the hair?

angerine said...

definitely tattoos & smoking while prego is good. Banana clip is good, do your bangs really big, straight up with lots of hairspray. Think Nyla/Lyla. Maybe consider blacking out a tooth or two. wrist sweat bands. If you can cut the sleeves off your treasured wolf shirt so it's a muscle shirt that would be ideal.
what was your idea for dan's costume?

angerine said...

oh i just remembered this TRUE story that happened while I was in West Virginia last summer.
I was in a grocery store and in walks a BIG, greasy couple wearing an outfit. That is, it was ONE outfit being shared by TWO people. She was wearing the t-shirt, underpants and socks. He was wearing the low ride jeans (no underwear), and high-tops. class act.
I tried to get a photo but I couldn't do it without it being totally obvious.

k8theriver said...

blacked out tooth--are you calling fred white-trash?
dan has the mullet wig. we have to go shopping at the d.i. for construction boots and an american themed shirt.

you should just abandon all social standards in a situation like that. those photo ops don't happen everyday.

Ang said...

Maybe you could grease your hair up and make it all stringy and gross. Like you haven't bothered to shower for a really long time. You are way too slim to wear a bikini or one of the nasty shirts featured on "people of walmart" and be white trash. 3w t-shirt, cutoffs, stringy or big hair and trashy high-heels perhaps.

heat said...

I'm no help now but I was going to say banana clip or big scrunchie.

I wish you had a picture of that, Ang.
There was a "man" that would shop in Cedar City dressed in drag: pink sweatpants, pink sweatshirt w/little airbrushed kittens, jelly shoes, painted toes, drawn on eyebrows, thick foundation, deep red lipstick, and spiky white hair (he was really old). I saw him numerous times but never dared to take his picture because I was the one at the register.

Katie, did you change the name of your tri store?