Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day, Wusses!

Since my default mode these days is to cry at the slightest hint of sentimentality (damn you, Poppin Fresh Dough commercials!) I was going to make you all a playlist of the sappiest, cheesiest love songs ever for Valentines Day. But AOL already did it for me! Here's a list of the 111 Wussiest Songs of All Time. I have been totally exposed as a wuss because there are a few songs on here that I really like. Busted. This list is a few years old so it's missing some of the more recent drivel but I bet you'll find out you're a wuss too.

6 comments:

heat said...

Yep. I'm a wuss but who cares? A lot of those songs are awesome, i.e. friday I'm in love by the cure.

THis post reminds me of Lacey (Hey Lacey! Are you there?) She would always talk about how she wanted to make a sappy love song mix. She would LOVE this list.

k8theriver said...

ha ha. the descriptions and photos are funny.

Richard Marx owes the public two apologies: One for the mullet and another for this mopey ballad, which still pops up just when we think it's safe to get our teeth cleaned.

Loose said...

Heat you got it all wrong I wanted to make a sweet break up mix with songs like 'don't come around here no more' and 'don't do me like that.'
Ever notice Tom Petty sings some pretty bitter songs?

Mike said...

i love the history behind the songs. interesting. i have to admit, i am a closet sappy girl... not for songs really but for cheesy movies. i was horrified a few years ago to find one of my favorite movie speeches that actually made me cry (independence day when the pres gives the speech and says "july 4 will no longer be an american day". gets me every time) was on "top ten worst movie speeches of all time" http://www.filmsite.org/worstquotes.html

Mike said...

oops, mike is logged in. it's actually me, sarah.

k8theriver said...

sarah, i can't believe you admitted that. that takes lots of guts.
(p.s. how are you? another boy on the way?)