Sunday, July 08, 2007

counting down

dan met up with lacey and family for a kayaking trip. he called me on his way home and one of the first things he says is, "so, lacey is like half your size." isn't it common knowledge--or at least common sense--that pregnant people don't like their largeness pointed out? seriously, this is our 3rd time through this you'd think he'd catch on to the do's and don't's. most people say i'm so cute. "you're all baby." but a lot of people are surprised when i tell them i'm due in august. they assume i'm due any day. yesterday a lady thought that if i wasn't due any day i must be having twins. she was an idiot. i am bigger this time but not really in the belly. just bigger in the arms, butt, chin, etc. anyway, here is a picture so you can feel better about yourselves:

4 comments:

heat said...

My first check up after Asa was born my doctor didn't recognize me. She said my face was much narrower and had thinned out. I didn't realize I had a such a swollen face.

I'd like to see a picture of Lacey to compare.

jordan said...

I think you look pretty.

sra. pistola said...

When I was pregnant with Abe Matt would call his family and let them know my weight gaining progress. I gained 45 pounds. It was embarassing but funny at the same time.
I think you look great!
Also when I was pregnant with Abe, a Mexican lady told me my face was like a moon and puffed her cheaks up as big as she could. They are very blunt people.

Loose said...

No worries Kate, I am just as large in the arms, butt and thigh area. Infact I get such bad thigh burn when I exercise that I should be using vasaline. I'll have to take a photo and post it, the only ones I have now are straight on and that doesn't do me justice. Ask Dan about when my dad compared me to an elephant. :)