Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Low Gunn

Matt accepted a job in Logan this morning. Spanish teacher at Mount Logan Middle School. I have really started to love our house here in Ogden ( even though we have been robbed and had lots of drama in our neighborhood) I still love it here and it is kinda hard for me to move away. Matt says I will love Logan. A lot of you have lived there and gone to school and so I thought maybe you could help me get more excited. It was really cool that Matt got the job because Spanish positions are really hard to get there because they are hardly ever open and so when they do there are lots of applicants. Hurrah for Matt!
Also Snow Canyon won 3A baseball state champions last weekend. Adam (the last Gunn boy) was MVP. It was really awesome and all the Gunns were there (accept Zack on his mission) to watch the end of the the Gunn Family Highschoo baseball days. I really think Spencer was there too. It meant a lot to the family.

10 comments:

angerine said...

Nice. Congrats to Matt for beating out all the other Spanish-teacher-hopefuls. I'll leave the Logan-loving-pep-talk to the other ladies of this blog, but I CAN say that it used to have a really good Vietnamese restaurant & it is prettier than Ogden & I think that if you can learn to love a place filled with robberies, murder/suicides and arsonry, you might be able to learn to like Logan.

jordan said...

If my husband had a job in Utah, I'd move there for the cute old houses.

Congrats.

Ang said...

I'm jeleous!!! I LOVE Logan. I would move back to Logan in a heartbeat. The canyon is awesome, the roads are great for biking, it's pretty and quiet, and does have cool old houses. There are good people, and the campus keeps things mixed up a bit too; which I enjoy. Change can be scary, but it usually turns out to be a blessing. Congrats to Matt, there are no jobs in Logan, so that's very impressive!

k8theriver said...

we love logan. we've thought about living there (its just so far from st. g and my family). i love their city pool. perfect for kids and lap swimming. i like the small town feel. too bad the vietnamese restaurant is gone. but, hey, they have olive garden now.

heat said...

The Gunn family is so awesome. That's really cool Snow Canyon won the championship. The last time I saw Adam I called him "jumpy". He didn't say anything. I couldn't tell if I got the wrong Gunn or if he was embarrassed.
Congrats Chia. That's so awesome. When will you guys move?

sra. pistola said...

I'm scared of the long winter with little kids. but like Angie said I guess if I can learn to love Ogden I can learn to like Logan. We could be moving as soon as next month. If we can sale our house and get into this build your own house program that we want to do. So why doesn't

Matt and I sometimes cheared for "jumper" during the tournament and it didn't seem to embarass him.

Katie and Lacey -when are you due again?

k8theriver said...

aug. 13th.

sra. pistola said...

Matt made me change the name so his friends don't tease him about being the only boy on the blog.

angerine said...

Lacey has been absent from the blog for a few weeks--is she okay? Anyone heard from her?

heat said...

Lacey, where are you???