Monday, May 21, 2007

We taught him the correct terminology for ALL his body parts

Asa really likes to draw. Every time he shows me his picture and says " Mommy, I drew a (?)". Sometimes he draws airplanes, sometimes circles. He's also into saying words as loud as he can and very quiet. Any word, anything he sees, he'll YELL. He likes this song I sing him and at the end he screams BOOM BOOM. Then, he says "A LOUD BOOM BOOM". Then he'll say "a quiet boom boom". And, so on.
About a week ago we were sitting in church and he was drawing during the passing of the sacrament. He drew a circle and instantly said "look mom, a circle". As he was saying this he sort of fell and elongated the circle with the pen. He looked at it for a minute and said "a PENIS". Then came the scream of the word "PENIS" and "A LOUD PENIS" "a quiet penis" "PEENNISSS" and again "A LOUD PENIS". Keep in mind the reverence of sacrament meeting.

5 comments:

sra. pistola said...

How old is Asa now? I was surprised that he was talking! It's been a long time since I saw him I guess. Did he still get to take the sacrament? If I yelled out penis in Sacrament I probably wouldn't. Once Abe was being unruly in sacrament and I told him to think of Jesus and he started yelling "I hate Jesus"
Penis would be more embarassing!:)

heat said...

He is 2 years and about 36 days old.

And he actually HAD to take the sacrament. The way we diverted his attention from his little masterpiece was by distracting him with the bread being passed down the pew.

Oh, and Asa doesn't hate Jesus.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

HAHAHA~that is awesome

Ang said...

So funny!!! Kids are awesome!

angerine said...

Did it kinda make you wish you had taught him to call it "Stan" or something? But also totally glad you hadn't taught him to call it a "schlong".