Sunday, April 08, 2007

Rhodes House circa 1993: a trip down memory lane

Every time I see this commercial it reminds me of Sarah and her sisters--in fact it might even be actual footage from the Rhodes household. The guy in the middle would be a brother in law--probably Todd.
I remember how at any moment they would all totally burst into perfectly synchronized and choreographed dancing. and how Sarah and Em came up with a sweet "handshake" that actually was more of a 5 minute long dance. "Buh-buh-buh-buhBaby--Don't forget my number." Sarah, do you and Em still have that one memorized?
I'm sure that, even today, if anyone were to ask Sarah to do the "Pepto Bismol dance" she and all her sisters could get up and do an excellent rendition while chanting, "nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. YAY! Pepto Bismol!"
Kate, if you do end up with a house full of girls at least you can be happy knowing that, amid all the drama, you might have hours of pure dancing entertainment. Hopefully, you've already taught your girls the "using your leg as a guitar while jumping off a chair" move--which in my mind is YOUR signature move.

2 comments:

heat said...

I'm guessing the Rhodes girls knew the "can't buy me love" dance and could "do the Lisa" from Saved By the Bell?

k8theriver said...

chloe and stella sing "shake your booty" and, of course, shake their booties. but sometimes stella says, "shake yo boobie"