Saturday, December 01, 2007

last one from St. Looey - Logan University



Since Logan is the whole reason we're in St. Louis, I decided to post a pic. The campus is huge, and really pretty (except at this time of year) with acres and acres of trees and lakes. The school part is pretty small though, with fewer buildings than Dixie and only about 2,000 students (20% are LDS, I've heard). I'm on campus a couple times a week either going to the fitness center or to the clinic, but since there are so few students, it seems like I know everyone. Tye and I are SOOOOOO super excited that we only have 9 more months here--we can't wait to move on to the next chapter in our lives (in which we hope to actually get a paycheck!)

7 comments:

Erica Onelove said...

Where will you go after?

angerine said...

yikes, my stomach jumps when i get asked that question. we still don't know! although we have narrowed it down to a pretty short list: Sedona/Flagstaff, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, or Cedar City.
A guy we know from school graduated a year ago and started a practice in Layton and he pulled in $500,000 his first year. Right then I was like, ok none of this backwoods crap, we're moving to a big city.

Erica Onelove said...

I loooove Flagstaff & Sedona (without the power rocks thing)!

heat said...

Ang, did you ever do that road trip where you visited all the places on your "best places to live" list?
$500,000 right out of school? That would definitely make living in St. Louis worth it, I'm assuming it's not your first choice.

angerine said...

we're doing our road trip in a few weeks and hitting the places I mentioned above (minus Cedar City, we already know about that area).

The guy that made $500k was in Layton, Utah (I think Bountiful-ish area). St. Louis is not even close to our first choice but neither is SLC or anywhere in northern Utah but for that much money we might consider it for a year or two.

heat said...

Let us know how the road trip goes. I read an article the other day that said SG has a larger population than Layton.

angerine said...

Reeeeeally? Maybe I think of St. George as being so small because it's so isolated--not a lot of other large towns around it contributing to the economy,etc. very interesting.