Tuesday, December 11, 2007

on your marks..

here are some triathlons in utah we could do:

a short course in logan on april 12

a short course in st. g on april 19

a women's only tri in bountiful on may 17

these are really short, easy races that any of you could finish. if you think you need a little extra help then you can read this book.
of course, the whole point of me doing triathlons is to change the body i have now.
i didn't list the st. g triathlon because i don't really like it and it costs a billion dollars. it also lost a lot of coolness since jared sold it.
if you don't want to do a whole triathlon we could do a relay team or find some running race. i also loved the cache valley tri at the end of the summer. but i was looking for a quicker deadline.
let me know if you are on board or if you have a different suggestion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

all those links go to the same page. just scroll down to find each race.

Erica Onelove said...

That book is so sweet!
I would love to do it & know I could but I have never ran a race before.

I think I am the most unathletic out of this bunch:(
I feel really inadequate with all you rock climbers, tri-athletes, marathoners, sports players, etc. etc.

sarah said...

kate, and everyone else. what about the one in salem? http://www.salemspringtri.com/ it's about 10 minutes from my house and we have 6 bedrooms. it would be a party....
otherwise i vote for the bountiful one i guess. what about utah summer games?

oh ya, kate, do you want to sell me a bike :)

LoGunns said...

I'm not a marathoner/rockclimber. And I feel inadequate too. But I just want to do it anyway. wouldn't April in Logan be freezing? maybe the swim part is indoors. I want to go someplace where everythign is outdoors. I don't know why but I prefer to have a co-ed triathlon. But I will follow the crowd. Whatever everyone else wants to do count me in. Baaaa baaaa baa baaa.

Erica Onelove said...

If we're going to swim too then I better get serious. I hate wearing swimsuits in front of people with my flabby butt.

I'm with Danika...no freezing temps.

k8theriver said...

ok, i say we plan on the salem one. erica, don't worry about fat-butts because you just wear bike shorts under a wet suit.
i may do some early spring ones (the swims are indoors). i need a more immediate goal.
sarah, tell dan your height and budget and he'll do the shopping for you.

Loose said...

Kate Im game for an immediate one. I'll just do the back stroke (or float). As my swimming skills are seriously lacking.