Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5 pounds-help

Ok girls, I want to lose 5 pounds. It doesn't seem like much but my weight hasn't bugded for about 6 months now. I know my problem...I'm an under-eater. Not because I don't want to eat, I just forget. It's easy to forget when I'm running around all day or cleaning the house. I just don't think about it. Then when I realize that I'm starving, it's to late & I panic eat. Meaning, I eat way to much for fear of dying I guess.

So, I'm going to try eating every 2 hours. I'm not a diet girl...just never have been. I just don't know if there are easy fast foods I can eat every couple hours. If i can have a granola bar & then some beef jerky or something that would be great. I don't think those are the foods you are supposed to eat. Does anyone do this?

Not being back to my original pre-baby weight just irks me. Yeah, I'm healthy but who cares? I need to lose these 5 pounds.

8 comments:

Erica Onelove said...

Thanks a lot nerds!
Fine..I'm just doing it myself. Hmph.

This is what I ate today:

8-yogurt
10-granola bar
12-protein bar
2-beef jerky
4-hot bears
6-french dip, fries, soup

I forgot to drink water. It's like I have to be reminded. It's pretty stupid.

heat said...

That's time right? or did you really eat 12 protein bars?

angerine said...

i hope those #'s are the times and not the quantity :)
I have found that monthly meal planning (dinners only) has helped with both binging and my budget. It makes it easier, faster & cheaper to grocery shop when I know what I'm making for dinner that week. And I'm less likely to go out and grab fast food when I have a menu planned.
If you're eating every two hours I'd suggest making sure to eat a protien with every carb--so if you eat a piece of bread or a cracker, put meat or cheese on it. If you have an apple, have some peanut butter or a handful of nuts too. Protein keeps you full longer and will keep your blood sugar from spiking when you eat the carb.

Erica Onelove said...

Haha! I keep gaining 5 pounds everyday...I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!

k8theriver said...

sorry, but most people don't have the 'i-don't-eat-enough' problem. i have 10 pounds to lose but i've never really cared about the scale but how i look. it mostly takes exercise for me.

Erica Onelove said...

I detect a bit of sarcasm Katie:)

Who knows what I'm talking about?

My mom & sisters do the same thing. My mom's doctor that has helped her lose 40+ pounds made her change her eating habits. She was an undereater. She ate more often and she looks awesome!

By the way...today didn't go as planned.

Angie-So if your protein bar has carbs in it, is that ok?

angerine said...

ya, protien bars are good. As long as it's not just straight starch like chips, crackers, etc. Those will basically be converted straight to sugar. Although I'm no expert-but I'm married to one so I get this lecture all the time.

Reminder for Erica: drink water.
which brings me to my next question: what do you drink, if not water? Soda is the #1 source of calories for Americans and cutting it out is an easy way to lose a few pounds if you're a big soda drinker.

Erica Onelove said...

I don't drink anything. I'm never thirsty. My bodies all messed up.

I don't drink soda...maybe once a month or something like that.

I hate water bottles anymore because I feel like my family alone is ruining our envirement with all the bottles. I have bought one of those big jugs you stick in the fridge that has a spout. I love it cuz it's really cold.

I'm working on drinking more...it's really hard for me!