Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wishing I looked as good as Sinead in her younger years.

The other night while Wellz was talking on the phone I became very impatient with my hair. Getting my hair cut by professionals always make me nervous. Not because I think they will mess up but I really hate feeling trapped for an hour or two with a complete stranger with forced conversation. I don't know any good friends that cut hair so I always choose someone new. Plus I'm not really a hair person. I have really thin and fine hair, like a baby. It never looks pretty and it isn't one of my good physical qualities.
So the other night I pulled out the clippers and shaved my head. Having short hair doesn't bother me but I do get a lot of stares. I'm not insecure about people thinking I am a boy (AM I A BOY?) because I have huge pregnant boobs and a matching belly.
Usually I cut my hair because of depression so when Wellz walked in and saw my hair he replied "Heat, what's wrong? Do we need to talk?"

I'm fine. Although this morning I found seven gray hair and now I'm feeling pretty old.

ps Never become pregnant or shave your head if you don't like to be touched by complete strangers.

9 comments:

k8theriver said...

double whammy. you should challenge people to pat your head and rub your belly at the same time.

LoGunns said...

I want to see a picture. Or even better I want to see you in person. I think I'm coming to SG this weekend. Also- I have always thought you have cute hair styles.

Erica Onelove said...

Good Heather...
Now you & anavey will be twins!

You will never look like a boy & by the way. I posted about liking gray hair but have changed my mind since I have so many of them. They are everywhere. I'm graying early:(

Anonymous said...

I think that a woman with a shaved head is very confident, special and interesting. I think you need to post a picture for all of us to say our opinion on your hair!

heat said...

I didn't explain but the (AM I A BOY!?) section of my post was dedicated to Katie. She's probably the only one who will get it.

I probably won't post a picture. You can all guess what I look like. And anonymous, why would I show my face if you won't.

k8theriver said...

yes, i got it heather. funny.

angerine said...

I totally hear you on the thing about hating getting your hair done in the salon. It is one of my all-time most hated things for exactly the reasons you metioned--it takes FOREVER (my average is seriously 4 or 5 hours!!!) and why do those ladies feel the need to make conversation? I don't care about the chit-chat, just let me sit there quietly and then go home. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I also utterly despise clothes shopping. I can't understand why these two activities (getting your hair done and shopping) are supposed to be so awesome.

Erica Onelove said...

Ok. I agree on the hair salon about having to make stupid small talk but not the clothes shopping! Man, I could shop all day long.

I actually love getting my hair done if I don't have to say anything. It's relaxing & I don't want to be bothered. I love when they turn on the blow dryer so we can't talk!

k8theriver said...

i figure i could pay $50 for a bad haircut or $10 for a bad haircut. i just go long periods at a time without cutting it. and its ugly. but if you know of anyone that is good in my area let me know.