Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 Parents, 2 Kids, 1 Dog and an RV


I just read this article about a family with two kids who bought an RV and are traveling the country for 16 months. The mom had a scare about how long she would live and decided to plan something big. All she could think about was spending more time with her family. They are doing a homeschooling program on the way for their kids who are 8 and 6. Here's their blog.
After our adventure to France we are completely incapable of funding something this rad but wouldn't it be sweet. I would totally be into homeschooling if going to cool places day after day were in the agenda.


Side note: I have 6 weeks left. My due date is June 1st. Dressing my belly is getting tricky and I've hit the hot flash phase.

10 comments:

Erica Onelove said...

I watched a program on these people & they are weird. They don't let their kids have any social life, sports, friends, etc.

Traveling would be cool but isolating your kids from the outside world is odd.

Heat....your birthday!!!!! That would be sweet.

P.S. I texted you earlier.

heat said...

Do they have a show? Or was it just a special?

Erica Onelove said...

It was a special on NBc or something last year.

k8theriver said...

that sounds awesome. too bad my husband has to work in order to get money.
i told dan when he was looking for a new job to get one in europe but it was too complicated. oh well, boise is a different kind of adventure.
heather, do you have enough maternity clothes. i have a few. nothing special but if you are in need of a change i'll send them your way.

angerine said...

Oh that's sweet, I would SO do that (although 16 months with 4 males in 400 sq ft of space may be more than I could stand).
I so badly need an adventure right now but until Tye's loans are paid off (or if the dollar makes a miraculous recovery) we are pretty much stuck in the rat race. :( waaahhhh

angerine said...

oh heather do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

heat said...

Thanks Katie for the offer. My sis-in-law brought over a huge bin of maternity clothes to save me.

Angie- we are having a boy.

k8theriver said...

did you see the link to the family that biked the u.s. and is now biking to argentina? impressive.

heat said...

I didn't see the link. Where is it?

k8theriver said...

http://familyonbikes.org/