Wednesday, April 09, 2008

mormons, mormons everywhere

Has anyone else been noticing an awful lot of Mormons on TV lately?
Just last night I counted FIVE: Barr on HGTV, two American Idols (allegedly) , Glenn Beck and some chick on What Not To Wear named Kathryn Knudsen. Does anyone know her because I SWEAR I think I met her at USU. Was someone's girlfriend or cousin or something? I can't remember, but I know I've met her. Of course, there's also Mitt Romney and apparently one of the dancers on Dancing with the Stars. Probably a bunch of other closeted members too.
kind of off the subject but I watched the Pop Fiction where Avril pretends she is prego and her personality totally reminded me of Katie. (the Katie-ishness most apparent from 6 min to 6:30) Am I right or am I right? Or has it just been a really long time since we've hung out?

5 comments:

k8theriver said...

kathryn dated lots of people you know. i think shayne links to her blog. i went there once and she was trying to sell all her wntw clothes.
as for avril...i don't see myself enough to be familiar with my mannerisms but i do hear my voice on the answering machine once in awhile and i think it sounds like her. --her talking voice--not her singing voice. she ROCKS! but talking--flat, without much animation. she's way more valley girl. way.

k8theriver said...

oh, and you're not the first to make the comparison.

http://niveyblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/shayne-b-pitt-esquire.html

Erica Onelove said...

There was a girl on WNTW but she wore garments. They kept trying to get her to wear more revealing clothes & she wouldn't do it.

They were getting totally frustrated until after a commercial break....they changed their tune.

She must have showed them...hah!

sarah said...

hey and there's also all those pligs in texas...

angerine said...

ha ha, true Sarah! those crazy mormon pligs are all over the TV! Not to mention last weekend was like an 8 HOUR MARATHON of Mormon jibber-jabber...