Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rosetta Stone

Here is our plan. It includes a cousin who likes to learn new languages, a bro in law going to Brazil on his mission, and us who want to learn Portuguese. Matt said that when he went to this teachers of foreign language shenanigan everyone was raving about Rosetta Stone. The military uses it to teach their peeps the language of the country they get sent to. Supposedly it is a really excellent and fast way to learn a language. But kinda expensive for us ($200 for one level). So we are going to split the cost three ways. Adam gets to have it until he leaves for Brazil, then we get it, then cousin Russ. Portuguese is my favorite language and I have always wanted to learn it. If it is a good program then Russ and us will split the cost for levels two and three as well. I can't wait to start! A lot of people ask Matt and I to teach them Spanish but I think this is probably a better idea. Wouldn't it be cool to learn a new language every couple years?! Every time a relative gets called on a foreign mission, everyone could start learning that particular language together. If anyone is interested... popular languages are always available used on ebay for a lot less. There haven't been any Portuguese ones lately.

8 comments:

angerine said...

Barr (that I mentioned before) got a bunch of black market copies of rosetta stone in russian, greek, spanish....and some others. He's burning us copies so if he has Portuguese I'll make you a copy too...if you want?

heat said...

sounds ambitious. we were really into learning French until we realized it was difficult and wouldn't live in France forever.

k8theriver said...

i'm going to germany to pick my bro up from his mission in june. dan's mom gave me the german rosetta stone. i haven't had much time to work on it so i haven't mastered it yet.

k8theriver said...

stupid adam brown. does that mean we need to put the font code up for comments?

LoGunns said...

Poor Adam. It would be hard to be so lame.
Angie- I would love to get my hands on some black market merchandise! Then I don't have to share or pay lots of money.

heat said...

Katie, EVERYONE in Germany speaks better English than most Americans. Learn if you want though. What part of Germany is your brother in?

angerine said...

we just got one of those adam-brown-type comments on my family blog the other day for the first time. The font code is annoying but so is the spam. I won't cry if we put up the font code.
Dankia, I'll find out what languages Barr has--do you want all of them or just Portuguese (if he has it)?

LoGunns said...

Portuguese for sure. Hebrew Italian, and Arabic as well. I'm going to call you.