Friday, March 30, 2007

Hazel Lee Gunn

So I decided to go ahead and let my midwife try to start me. At one point I was having contractions every three minutes but they were really weak. Then they just died off and I thought nothing was going to happen that day (which was Wednesday). But she didn't want to leave incase I just suddenly popped open. So she had dinner with us and during dinner some little contractions started up again. Then I went to the bathroom and my water broke. Then my next contraction hurt me so I jumped in the labor pool (she brought us this cool little blow up swimming pool) and thought I would be in there for a while. But 30 minutes later Hazel Lee Gunn showed her beautiful fat little self. 9 LBS 13 oz!!! She ended up being born in the pool and Matt got to "catch" her and everything was really cool. the middle name was the big problem for us. Lee makes her sound like an adverb Hazely. But middle names are hardly ever used anyway so there we have it.

5 comments:

Loose said...

WOW! Congratulations! 9 Lbs 13 oz w/o an epidural you are one tough woman! Post a photo when you can.

angerine said...

Congrats to the Gunn family on your latest addition. Can't wait to see how fat and hazely she is!!

angerine said...

PS that seems like it might have been both awkward and hilarious, one minute she's massaging your cervix, the next sitting at the table eating dinner...plus what do you wear in this "labor pool"--bikini? hospital gown? birthday suit?

heat said...

SO AWESOME!!! Congrats. I can't believe how quickly she came out. So, how did the birthing pool compare to a bed?
Massaging a cervix probably shouldn't be called massaging. Stripping of the membranes has the right name.
Danika, you are definately tough and awesome. Hope all it well.

sra. pistola said...

Birthday suit :) Laboring in water is sooooo much more comfortable!! Delivering in water...well there wasn't enough time to get out but it was good. I would prefer to labor in the water and deliver in the bed.